Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 53 hatteras

Re: 53 hatteras

What Jim said......Unfortunately the bad ones get all the press

Re: 53 hatteras

Ok ok ok. Maybe a rush to judgement but I can be biased. One I worked for Viking and have been there done that. Repowered a old Pacemaker with New CATs and have owned 7 boats from 18ft to now 38'. As I look to go bigger for my growing family and want of comfort it has been a horrible process.

1. Tell the truth and do not wait until the survey.
    2. Surveyors are there to survey the boat on hand and not to compare to brand new. The broker needs to act as a intermediary here.
    3. When I or potential customer emails and asks for more information please stop the song and dance. Just answer the question.
    4. Realistic pricing. This happened when I listed my current boat. I had to talk to the broker to reality.
    5. MOST IMPORTANT. Pictures!! Why is there pictures of Lorans still... Take good pictures of everything.

I try to be honest with brokers and say hey here is my current boat. Here is the deal... 70% of the time the broker never responds.

I know there is some good people out there but this is a passion industry based on income. Big boats = big money and as I no longer work in the marine industry I now work nonstop to afford my passion. At the end of the day I know old boats are work and I do not mind paying but lets make the process better.

Hell I may go look at this 58 and low ball the guy. Wife really wants a motor yacht (we have a sportfish).