Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 53 hatteras

Re: 53 hatteras

Oh crap Boscola is the broker he is one piece of work I have had friends buy and sell through him oh boy.
    Nothing but Bad story about that guy and there is a lot of them one member here has been through it with him. I will reach out to him and see if he wants to comment I will not speak for him.

Be very careful.

Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

You can PM me about the boat as 34 Hat noted

t
    he boat has a lot of potential- broker tripped up In his stories to me a few times. he & a partner bough It for 55k from the owners wife as he was in the hospital. he kept claiming it was someone else who bought the boat and he was "considering buying it". boat sat in the water all winter. spoke many times and I was going to fly up with surveyor and just was not liking all the different stories. I really hope you get it and bring her back. bow and stern thrusters are a nice option to have! best of luck, sorry took so long to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsmyth View Post
    t
    he boat has a lot of potential- broker tripped up In his stories to me a few times. he & a partner bough It for 55k from the owners wife as he was in the hospital. he kept claiming it was someone else who bought the boat and he was "considering buying it". boat sat in the water all winter. spoke many times and I was going to fly up with surveyor and just was not liking all the different stories. I really hope you get it and bring her back. bow and stern thrusters are a nice option to have! best of luck, sorry took so long to get back to you.
    I walked away from it for the same reasons. I just didn't feel that the broker was honest in his dealings.....

Agree. Brokers are the worst. Why cannot they just be honest and be like look.... Here is the deal. I saw this and was interested but after a complete rebuild on my Ocean Yacht I do not know if I am up for another full project.

But... it is a lot of boat for the money...

While I tend to agree that lots of brokers are like used car salesmen that certainly does not apply to all
    of them. Most of us know or know of many honorable brokers, some of which are members of this forum
    such as Sea Eric etc. I think that one of the more valuable benefits of this forum is to keep each other
    up to date on the actions of the not so honorable brokers, while keeping us all apprised of the very good
    ones so that if and when we need the services of a broker we have a fighting chance.. As Sy Syms used
    to say in his commercials "An educated consumer is our best customer".

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonkeeper77 View Post
    Agree. Brokers are the worst. Why cannot they just be honest and be like look.... Here is the deal. I saw this and was interested but after a complete rebuild on my Ocean Yacht I do not know if I am up for another full project.

But... it is a lot of boat for the money...
    I disagree. I think there are a significant number of honest decent people making their living as yacht brokers. Some of them have been at it for decades and really know what they are doing. In my own case, I finally bought the right boat for me when I sought advice from a yacht broker, rather than looking on my own. I have had that boat for 28 years,now, so I think he gave me good advice. I cringe when I see all yacht brokers described as "the worst", or marine service people, or auto mechanics, just as I do when I hear all physicians described as greedy, etc etc. Class judgments of that kind say a great deal more about the person making them than they do about the class of people described.

Thank you Jim. Every profession has it's bad actors. Even the ones where the complainers make their living. I wonder how they feel when they get tarred by the big brush.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I disagree. I think there are a significant number of honest decent people making their living as yacht brokers. Some of them have been at it for decades and really know what they are doing. In my own case, I finally bought the right boat for me when I sought advice from a yacht broker, rather than looking on my own. I have had that boat for 28 years,now, so I think he gave me good advice. I cringe when I see all yacht brokers described as "the worst", or marine service people, or auto mechanics, just as I do when I hear all physicians described as greedy, etc etc. Class judgments of that kind say a great deal more about the person making them than they do about the class of people described.
    Ditto on this.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

I appreciate the feedback from you all. As a member of a profession that is frequently damned by all and sundry, I am perhaps more sensitive than I ought to be. But over the years I have seen brokers work very hard indeed to get the right boat for the right person, or to sell a boat that someone wishes to get out of, and I have seen how hard they labor to do these things. It is not an easy way to make a living, that's certain, and they deserve more credit than they commonly receive.
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 04-03-2019 at 02:54 PM.