Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 53 hatteras

Re: 53 hatteras

Hi All

Just an update...I put the boat under contract, with the usual caveats. The name of the vessel is Dream Catcher.

Anyone with surveyor and/or engine mech recommendations ? Boat is in Long Island.

regards and thanks

mderlick

The seller told me the stabilizers " need oil ".

There was no sign of water or grease under the stabilizer mechanism.

md

Quote Originally Posted by mderlick View Post
    The seller told me the stabilizers " need oil ".

There was no sign of water or grease under the stabilizer mechanism.

md
    That means you will have to put new oil in to see where it leaks out......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Steve Maddock best surveyor on Long Island. Dave at Dieseltech in Freeport is a greatvdetriot tech

that looks like a 58 yachtfisherman, not a 58 cockpit motoryacht. good luck with the purchase
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

that's right 58 yf...

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    Check out the Onan generator also, they are old and obsolete.
    Yes, indeed, and if you have to replace it, get a Northern Lights set if you possibly can.

fyi- broker owns that boat himself. will not tell you that. boat has a lot of potential! Have you looked into insurance? I am in the process of shopping ins for a similar boat and getting crazy prices, and most will not write the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtsmyth View Post
    fyi- broker owns that boat himself. will not tell you that. boat has a lot of potential! Have you looked into insurance? I am in the process of shopping ins for a similar boat and getting crazy prices, and most will not write the policy.
    Fascinating. I would love to hear the story! Do you know the boat ?

As for insurance, I would assume that the coverage would be based on geographic location, boat valuation, hull insurance etc. I have a 1964 41 Hatteras on the great lakes, my hull valuation is low (25k), and my premium is $400 per year. One of my friends has the same boat in fla., hull valuation $50k, everything else the same...his premium is $3500.

It seems to me that if one wants insurance you need to take a risk by undervaluing the boat.

just a thought

md

Quote Originally Posted by mderlick View Post
    Fascinating. I would love to hear the story! Do you know the boat ?

As for insurance, I would assume that the coverage would be based on geographic location, boat valuation, hull insurance etc. I have a 1964 41 Hatteras on the great lakes, my hull valuation is low (25k), and my premium is $400 per year. One of my friends has the same boat in fla., hull valuation $50k, everything else the same...his premium is $3500.

It seems to me that if one wants insurance you need to take a risk by undervaluing the boat.

just a thought

md
    The few I found willing to insure my boat would insure it for no more than I paid for it. Even though it could be worth more the most they would insure was what I had in it. Its almost not worth it.