Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: actual LOA?

Re: actual LOA?

Yep, our 58' Yachtfisherman is 63' OAL.
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

per coast guard rules, loa is the hull only, not including any bolt on parts(swim platform, pulpit) now if those parts are molded into the hull then they are part of the loa measurement. seems to me a lot of todays 25 foot boats are really like and old school 21 footer
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Thumbs up actual LOA?

I'll chime in/play too!

My 12 Meter Trojan International Motor Yacht will not fit in a 40' slip/section.

It is 45' from end to end, so I consider that the LOA. 12 meters equals 39.3701'. When I radio in to a marina and need a spot I always announce myself as 45', I tried saying 40' once a long time ago and learned that it wouldn't fly.

My ex-uncle-in-law used to say that for bragging rights you say 45' and when paying for dockage you say 40'. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get the slip size that I need.

My anchor/bow pulpit is molded into the fiberglass, the swim platform is bolted on but is less than 2'.

Someday I'll find the right 53'-60' Hatteras Motor Yacht/Cockpit Motor Yacht and I'll call it whatever the length from end to end is which will probably be closer to 57'-65'...
    Hard work pays off in the future.
    Laziness, pays off now!

Right. Hatteras has always measured their boats accurately. My 36 convertible is actually a bit over 38 feet if you include the swim platform, which is not an integral part of the hull- not molded in. With a pulpit, it would add another three or four feet, I wouldn't be surprised.

Next time we haul out I’m going to drop a plumb bob down from the pulpit and swim platform and find out for sure. I’ll just have to make sure the deck is level. I thought of trying to transfer the bow and stern points to the dock and measuring that, but wasn’t sure of a good way.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Our 63 cpmy is 70’ oal. At least, that’s what we keep getting charged by marinas.
    thank you - out of all the replies, yours actually answers the question!