Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: actual LOA?

actual LOA?

Howdy, we're looking at a 63' 1987 Hatteras MY (after our 50' with extended cockpit was damaged in a fire). Anyone know if 63' is the ACTUAL tip of anchor to tip of swim platform length?

Re: actual LOA?

Quote Originally Posted by WalterHope View Post
    Howdy, we're looking at a 63' 1987 Hatteras MY (after our 50' with extended cockpit was damaged in a fire). Anyone know if 63' is the ACTUAL tip of anchor to tip of swim platform length?
    Our 63 cpmy is 70’ oal. At least, that’s what we keep getting charged by marinas.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

+1 Mine is 70 feet from the bowsprit to the end of the swim step.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

If you have your prints that came with the boat it should be on the graving plan. My 55' is longer. It has a figure to add for an anchor pulpit and another for a swim platform. Some boats don't have both or either so it is an add on, or at least on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    If you have your prints that came with the boat it should be on the graving plan. My 55' is longer. It has a figure to add for an anchor pulpit and another for a swim platform. Some boats don't have both or either so it is an add on, or at least on mine.
    60’-10” for ‘83 55C with both. Don’t tell the marinas.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

The hull of my 60C is actually 61' on deck, but the overall is 67' 6".
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Hatteras, unlike most other manufacturers, usually understated the actual length of their boats. An
    example would be the Series 1 48 MY (1981-1984). The actual on deck OAL, not including swim platform
    or bow pulpit is 48'9", only 3 inches short of 49 but it was still called a 48. If you check specs of almost
    all Hatteras models, this was very common. Most other companies round off to the next higher number
    for oal. Also please note that they made many models based on the superb 53 MY. They had a 53 YF,
    a 58 YF, a 58 Cockpit Motor Yacht (which was basically a 58 ED with a cockpit which was different from a
    58 YF which was basically a 53 Classic with a fishing cockpit. And of course we could (should not) forget
    one of the most beautiful renditions of the 1510 hull, the 58 Tri Cabin. In my opinion those model 1510's
    years were the golden years for our beloved Hatteras yachts. Jack Hargrave and his team were truly
    artists par excellence....

Walt

I had a sea ray 340 that was a sea ray 320 the previous year. Identical boats. Maybe someone got hold of a bad tape measure.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Sea Ray and many others did exactly that.... The difference was that the extra two feet was actually
    the swim platform. People fell for that crap and some still do. If owners of 53's would do that their
    boats are probably about 58 + . Besides for years most dock masters only charged what the manufacturer
    stated as the boat length.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I had a sea ray 340 that was a sea ray 320 the previous year. Identical boats. Maybe someone got hold of a bad tape measure.
    All Sea Ray's gained two feet in 1991, as I recall, as the result of including the integrated swim platform. Don't recall a 320 that went to a 340, though. Yes, I am a multiple Sea Ray owner/offender.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93