Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

flybridge storage

1972 58yf with the forward mounted helm...i have 2 storage compartments, one on each side of the helm. they are above the bench seats on each side of the boat.they are about 16 by 16 by about 12 inches deep. they look like a factory install except the doors, they are clear plexiglass with stainless steel trim. the plexi is in rough shape and i was wondering what others have done for doors on these compartments? i looked on yachtworls for pictures but none of the boats listed have these compartments just radios and electronics where they are on my boat. anybody have these? pics please of the doors.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: flybridge storage

Could you post a picture?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

i dont have any AND im not good enough with a computer to learn how to post them
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

The only storage I have in the bridge is below the helm, and not convenient.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Hey Bill, this is what I have on our 76 YF, they look OEM and match the under-bench doors which you can also see in these pics. They have the stainless steel edging held on my tons of little screws and nuts. They can be held open with a little tab that swivels over the door in the up position. These are the best pics I have... Sam's might even have them.

UPR Helm 2.jpgUPR Helm 3.jpg
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

this is very similar to what i have, mine are hinged on the top and the door swings up and can be held open by a screen door type hook. i guess i will cut new plexi panels for the doors.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

These I had made by a plastics company. Uses the bridge/seating mold as blind stop for access panel. The originals were teak trimmed flat fiberglass panels which were held in by four bent pieces of aluminum and horrible to remove or replace. The door buttons are key.
    Attached Images