Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: repairs

repairs

I looked at a Hatteras that has a lot of work that need to be done to get it up to speed.

I am not going to buy this boat but just wonder what you guys thought of what it would take to repair each item?

Re: repairs

More money than the boat is worth. Why waste time even thinking about it.
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

Depends on if you are paying someone or doing it yourself. Either way could be more expensive. If you are in California or Florida triple that but cut it in half if you are in Louisiana and a registered coon ass or redneck.

Well, if you like being broke and miserable, by all means commit yourself to such a project. OTOH, if you wish to go boating, buy a usable boat in decent shape, not this one.

Not worth typing anything if you’re not buying it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Seven did you put in an offer too?

I just wanted people to look at the pictures and share if they have every repaired some of the damage listed.

I AM NOT BUYING THE BOAT. NO PLANS TO BUY THE BOAT.

I just wanted to see which repairs not repairable. So if I see some of these things on a boat I might be interested in I would have an idea.

I look at the chimes on the side of the boat and I would think that they are not repairable.

I look at the door that lead out to the swim platform that has totally rotted and I would think you can't get a replacement. I don't know that you can't.

If the boat was given to me could these things be repaired is probably the better way to ask.

Anything can be repaired if you are willing and able to spend enough money and time. How much money, time and desire do you have?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987