Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Boca Chita Key as never seen before Biscayne National Park U S National Park Service

Boca Chita Key as never seen before Biscayne National Park U S National Park Service.We love spending time on Boca Chita. It's our favorite place to get away for a weekend or week at a time. It's interesting to learn about our Biscayne National Parks and for me, especially the northern Key Islands. Our MASTER PLAN includes lots of exploring these islands. At the end of this video, you'll see photos never seen before by the public.

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/7wO8U8UIWnw

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 9.13.14 PM copy.jpg
    Last edited by MASTERPLAN MIAMI; 03-07-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Re: Boca Chita Key as never seen before Biscayne National Park U S National Park Serv

Thanks for sharing. Very cool photos of the old yachts.
    Kinda surprised so many millionaires hanging out in Fl just after the depression

Re: Boca Chita Key as never seen before Biscayne National Park U S National Park Serv

I Have never been but have wanted to go but I think my 5’ draft will keep me out. Are you taking your 58 in there? And can you tie up overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    I Have never been but have wanted to go but I think my 5’ draft will keep me out. Are you taking your 58 in there? And can you tie up overnight?
    Check out these videos:

https://youtu.be/7wO8U8UIWnw

https://youtu.be/TQxrb6aJjv4
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits

5’ is fine and yes you can tie up overnight. Just remember that from June thru October mosquitoes rule Boca Chita.

The shallowest spot is at the end of the channel, closest to the island with about 6’ MLW
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I enjoyed the videos. I will definetly put in on my list maybe next winter. BTW love your boat. Do you blow the big black fenders up? And then deflate to stow?

I enjoyed the videos. I will definetly put in on my list maybe next winter. BTW love your boat. Do you blow the big black fenders up? And then deflate to stow?
    I use one at my home port so I leave it filled. The other I inflate as needed. But it seems to be overkill so next time I'm leaving one home and take the other as backup.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396

Adventure Awaits

Thanks for sharing, was hoping to make it there sometime when the mosquitoes are not ruling the island.
    Best regards,
    --
    David