Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted 43DC Windshield Hardware

Does anyone have or know where I could get the hardware to hold open and shut the middle windshield for a 1973 43DC, or an alternate solution? Sam's does not have the part. The rod is 32-1/2" long. Has anyone worked out an electric solution and if so, was it worth it?

Hatteras Windshield Stay.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: Wanted 43DC Windshield Hardware

I was going to say Sam’s until I read on. I’ll keep my eyes open. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Not sure if you are having same problem but I have same boat and window slider was jamming on pole. I took off one of the two brackets holding the pole and flipped it. Works like new now that worn, pitted end of pole on other end. Thought I would pass it on.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    Not sure if you are having same problem but I have same boat and window slider was jamming on pole. I took off one of the two brackets holding the pole and flipped it. Works like new now that worn, pitted end of pole on other end. Thought I would pass it on.
    Unfortunately, the hardware is completely missing. I've found a few things that look like possibilities like this Osculati hatch adjuster. I'll take some measurements this weekend.

Osculati Hatch Adjuster.jpg
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I checked my local consignment store called blue pelican in Alameda California but unfortunately they did not have one.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I checked my local consignment store called blue pelican in Alameda California but unfortunately they did not have one.
    Thank you.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Robert I have one that came off a 1968 41TC. Looks like the same piece I have on my 1969 Hatt but the adjuster knob
    is missing. Does this look like the piece your missing?IMG_0810.jpg
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ

I've only seen it in pictures, but it sure looks like it. Is that something you are parting with?
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Robert,
    My 44 TC also has that same window setup and mine is missing as well. Let me know if you find any more of them. I talked with Steve at Sam's about a year ago about it and he said they haven't had them in many years.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Or you can make one.... Years ago I was unhappy with the binding of the original factory unit on one of
    my 43DC's and I decided to just make one out of 316L. I made a nylon bearing/sleeve inside the
    sliding part that made it move slicker than snot. It's probably still out there still in service after about
    30 years. If you don't have access to a lathe and a milling machine you can probably find a local
    machine shop that would be able to do it for you.

Walt