Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Is your GPS ready for the 20 year rollover in April?

Saw this post and although it may not be useful to all, it may be useful to some:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...m_medium=email

Re: Is your GPS ready for the 20 year rollover in April?

They also told us everything would fail on Y2K. Nothing happened. The devices didn't care if it was 1900 or 2000. Why should we believe them this time? Do you think the GPS cares if its 2019 or 1999? I guess we'll see or maybe not since I doubt anyone is using a unit from pre-1999 anyway.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Is your GPS ready for the 20 year rollover in April?

I too was there for the Y2K FRAUD. Never did find out who started this (maybe the birth of Fake News?) but the near panic of people stock plying food, water, ammo and money, almost caused a crisis in itself.

At the time, I was a Manager for a large Security Company responsible for the state of Connecticut. We updated software and firmware, tested systems, and made preparations with additional manpower (on a continuous 24 rotation for 3 days) and parts to respond if/when a "disaster" occurs....guess what.....of the thousands of Access Control and Building Management Systems we had.....only 5 defaulted to the year 1973 and had to be programmed manually to a year & date that has the same days of the week that year 2000 had, until the system could be replaced.

All that work for almost a year to only have 0.0125 systems affected....Guess that's better than claiming I'm an American Indian with 1/1024 percent.
    Last edited by ralexa6808; 03-07-2019 at 08:57 AM.