Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best source for zinc anodes

It seems I need some replacement zincs, is there a preferred place to buy them? I need 4 for the Wesmar thrusters, a couple for the shafts and some discs for the rudders and tabs. Some need replacement ASAP others can wait a bit, but I want them all on hand. Thanks.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Re: Best source for zinc anodes

boatzincs.com ships same day.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    boatzincs.com ships same day.
    What he said
    Jim
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    1989 41c Hull# 881

What they said.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Ditto!
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Hauling my boat out for first time to me next week. Does anyone know the rudder anode size for a 55C? Also are there one or two anodes per shaft? I dove under her in August but can't remember. Would like to have everything on hand if possible.

Should be 5” rounds on the rudder and 2 per shaft. At least that’s what I have.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Should be 5” rounds on the rudder and 2 per shaft. At least that’s what I have.
    Just did ours last week on a haul out - i’m Doing three on the shafts. One mounted just prior to the shaft couple, the two down by the prop. Also have them on the swim platform support struts. I canl’t seem to attach photos oriented in the correct manner... but you’ll get the idea. Thanks to Seven for coming by and helping to load the new fridge into the galley, too! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Hauling my boat out for first time to me next week. Does anyone know the rudder anode size for a 55C? Also are there one or two anodes per shaft? I dove under her in August but can't remember. Would like to have everything on hand if possible.
    4H on rudders works fine.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbullett@gmail.com View Post
    Just did ours last week on a haul out - i’m Doing three on the shafts. One mounted just prior to the shaft couple, the two down by the prop. Also have them on the swim platform support struts. I canl’t seem to attach photos oriented in the correct manner... but you’ll get the idea. Thanks to Seven for coming by and helping to load the new fridge into the galley, too! Good luck!
    Bonding the supports is more than adequate protection.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC