Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

RUM’min Around

RUM'min AROUND.What's it been like for the first 6 weeks? A lot of running around getting parts and doing repairs. But, in this video, we mention some of what we've learned living aboard.Not to mention, I'm learning a lot about the boat because of all the things wrong with it. On the positive side, because I'v learned so much, I feel a lot more confident driving this beast. Remember, my experience has been limited to a 24 ft sea ray. Our next video will show some of the projects I've had to tackle so far.https://youtu.be/j7dqQNRqGxs
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Re: RUM’min Around

Nicely done video! As I liveaboard myself I recommend a few other things you will be thankful you have.
    Plenty of containers of Nutralize RX or Zoals NoFlex Digestor. The smells in your heads go away and your black water tubes won't stank.

Bar Tenders friend is great for removing all types of bird poop. It's also great for removing stains and brightening up any brass you have on your boat.

Get some Diesel Kleen and BioBor for your fuel tanks along with plenty of Racor filters if you don't have many on stock. Make sure all of your keys are on floating key chains and your cell phone is in a water proof floating case.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: RUM’min Around

Great video, you're off to a great life style. I lived aboard for over 15 years and really miss it. You have a good home and a very positive attitude.

Allyson and I always used dry rid to keep the moisture and mold at bay. You have to set a schedule to change the containers but the stuff works.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd