Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

FS: 1967 41' Twin Cabin--REDUCED $10k!!!

Detroit Diesels, Newer Westerbeke 12kw, New A/C's, Fresh Topside paint '05, Hull painted '02, Garmin Chartplotter, Icom VHF. NO HURRICANE DAMAGE! Vessel can be seen in Madisonville, LA. Only $59,900! For Sale by Owner. Call Byron at 504-669-5337 or email vrmmm@aol.com.
    Last edited by ThirdHatt; 09-11-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Re: FS: 1967 41' Twin Cabin

Reduced $10k down to $49,900! This is the cheapest diesel Hatteras 41TC on the market with a newer genset and A/C's. Why mess with old Onan troublemakers? Paint updated to Mediterranean White with black boot stripe and bottom paint (no blue hull stripes).

What would the fuel burn be in gph on a boat like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Ratty
    What would the fuel burn be in gph on a boat like this?
    Capt Ratty, I have never accurately determined the fuel burn, but I believe it is between 6-8gph depending on rpm and genset usage. I knew a guy who cruised his 41DC with 6V53's often and he claimed 3-4gph which seems about right. I assume that was per engine. These engines are quite fuel efficient which allows these boats to be used effectively as trawlers but with the added luxury of being able to plane and get out of the way of impending weather.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by ThirdHatt; 12-05-2006 at 09:47 AM.