Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Floscan metering

Floscan fuel metering is out of business. I have a bad guage, and the parts are scarce. I know it is the guage, because I swapped the two.

Any body have a best guess on parts, or opinion on new system. I have become dependent on the total fuel burn portion, and they were pretty darn accurate. I could pull tanks down to almost empty and not loose an engine.

So any body using a different fuel metering system on their diesel engines? I need to upgrade or buy some gauges.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Fish Tales 65C

Re: Floscan metering

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

The Floscan website contact page has been recently altered and Joe is now/still listed as a contact. it’s 10 months since they closed down but the website remains.

Maretrons digital system is now probably the dominant player in the diesel fuel metering aftermarket and is NMEA2000 compatible. New technology and reasonably simple to install and connect to network or it’s own digital display.

The small Maretron sensors can easily replace the clunky old Floscan sensors. No damper cans are required. The trick is to match the sensor size to the total maximum flow rate of the engine. The unfortunate issue for Detroit owners with Floscan systems is that the sensors were custom made for each motor type to deal with pulsing. On the Floscan sensors is a unique serial number.

Before they shut down I was Floscan's last customer.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 02-18-2019 at 11:55 PM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    This is them. I saw the site still up and have left several messages with no reply. Was hoping they would find a buyer or re tool, or something.

I have no problem changing the system, but you know how that goes, what should be easy, will turn into a nightmare.

I am going to give it a few more weeks to see if I can find a gauge or a response from them, or something. If no joy, I have to find a diesel shop to set me up with new.

Thanks,
    Tim

Update:

Received and e-mail from Floscan that they are coming back as the new Floscan. This is great news for me, but wanted to post in case others have the system and need parts also.

Have a great week,
    Tim
    Fish Tales 65c