Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hey Pascal - Chartering an 84' Lazarra

Not just day charters. This boat goes as far as Mexico. The rebuilds were required after a charter to that country. Suspect it was a case of running the engines too hard, too long with less than perfect heat exchangers,

What would a 7-day charter within the Exumas cost on a 50-something Hatteras motoryacht?

I dont know any 50s hatteras chartering down there. Few charters under 65/70 actually. There are a couple of hatteras 70 that charters down there, in the $15/20k a week range, plus expenses which run about $5/6k for the week
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

So $25k, +/-, for a week on a 60 something MY. Tips would bring it closer to 30.

I was wondering that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    So $25k, +/-, for a week on a 60 something MY. Tips would bring it closer to 30.

I was wondering that myself.
    Pretty much. I just looked, the lowest priced boats available for charters are three 75 Hatteras, mid 2000 vintage, at $19500 plus expenses and gratuity
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Interesting. I have no desire to charter my boat but fun to know what the rate could be.

I'm guessing for a 63 MY, late 80's vintage with a captain $ stew would be about $12K, plus, plus/wk. ( or $2500/day rate). And yes, I realize we'd be losing money big time.

The market has gone up in size and luxury, lots of it being age related. I don’t think there is much of a market for older boats except maybe true claaaic. There are a couple of older small browards, burgers and trumpys that seem to be doing ok. Problem with smaller boats is that the crew coats are pretty much the same and take a big chunk out of the lower charter fee
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I've watched a few episodes of Below Deck and am blown away with what the big boats get for charter. Gratuity alone is $17-20k after a week of fun in the sun.

I get the whole exponential curve of expenses to size, but wow!