Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: A 32 V solution to a shower light

Imtra makes many LED fixtures that are 10 to 40 volt DC. They have up 64 or better ratings and are made for wet locations. I use many of their lights in customers boats. I sold and installed over 50 lights in a 50 ocean with 0 failures a year ago.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    OK, yes, sorry. Brain fart on my part. It's not connected to 120V AC. Ignore my statement.
    Phweew, though that was a test
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Quote Originally Posted by sixty View Post
    This is an awesome post. Im 6'-2" and always hitting my head on that stinking light! I habe been looking for a 32v solution for a while. I'll happily volunteer as the next guinea pig 
    Once I tested the electrical, my biggest concern was cutting the ceiling. I refused to buy a $35 hole saw for this so I measured with a pencil up the hole the wires come out. it looked like I had clearance, but i nipped off the end of my jig saw blade anyway. turns out there is about 4" up there! Next time I will just cut out the ceiling for more head room
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Can you post a link to the lights and tell us where you bought them?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Looks like there are a few options for this light available at Home Depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting...5yc1vZc7niZcdt
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

What Rustybucket said. I got it at home depot $24.

[h=2]Model # 91207[/h][h=2]Internet #303240039[/h][h=2]Store SKU #1002814297[/h]
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

I've got the same lights in my showers at home, replacing the old incandescent units. 110 application. I liked the push connector block for the wiring, no wire nuts. Really made it an easy install.

Oh boy... I want to put one in the Salon.....
    TiparooTom

Life Unleashed
    1972 53' MY
    HATAM3831172
    Palm Beach, FL

I just installed two of these in my boat and thy are VERY bright! I bought the bronze for the headliner and the brushed nickel for the shower and they look great. Only problem I am having is that they get very hot and are un touchable after about 10 minutes. I can't find my infrared gun but
    I would guess they are reaching 250d+. You can actually feel heat from the light like an incandescent which is pretty odd for LED

Voltage is about 36.5v which is well under the 42 they are spec'd at. Can anyone confirm that they get this hot using 120v ballasts?
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

This isn't a good development. Hopefully, the others aren't seeing this kind of heat.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL