Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Rubber Fender Board WTB

Does anyone have a source for rubber fender boards? I know I can buy rubber ends for a 2x4 but I used to be able buy a totally rubberized fender board.

Re: Rubber Fender Board WTB

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Does anyone have a source for rubber fender boards? I know I can buy rubber ends for a 2x4 but I used to be able buy a totally rubberized fender board.
    I remember those. We had on in the 80's. I have not seen one in a long time.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have a great redneck solution for this--two 6 ft. long sections of about 4-5 inch PVC pipe. Through drill the ends to pass a line at each end, put one over the other, put your fenders vertically and the PVC horizontally across them. Fasten all to the rail. Even hurricanes can't break them!

They do squeak on pilings a bit but a shot of the ever-popular WD-40 at the piling pretty well stops it. No painting and they never seem to mold. Can't beat them.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Pix please

Thanks but looking for the ready made rubber ones. Sky, I had one in the 80's but can no longer find it.

Thanks but looking for the ready made rubber ones. Sky, I had one in the 80's but can no longer find it.
    The one we had fit perfectly over the rub rail. It was about 3ft long, white rubber, with a line on each end. Like this with a 2x4 inside but totally sealed at each end with the same white rubber so you couldn't see the wood.

Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 02-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Sky Cheney

That is what I had as well. Just can't seem to find out where I can get one now.

That is what I had as well. Just can't seem to find out where I can get one now.
    I don't think they exist.
    Sky Cheney