Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

KVH 4 2002 Vintage and Direct TV

Does anybody have the latest on the service termination with Direct TV for our old round, single LNB Sat systems that only get SD programming. Can these domes be retrofitted and or can they be used for Dish perhaps. If so I presume that we also need a new sat box like an HD25 or something. Can anyone get me straight on this?

Thanks,

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Re: KVH 4 2002 Vintage and Direct TV

Upgrading these older satellite systems is such a complicated matter that you should go to the source:KVH. Call or email them with the serial numbers of all your equipment and they will be able to tell you if there is an upgrade path for you. I did this a discovered that a new circuit board would keep our system useable for HD tv for several more years with Dish. They were very helpful and responded quickly, it’s the local representatives that are good and bad.....
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987