Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sebastian Inlet

Re: Sebastian Inlet

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgeorge View Post
    Once you understand Sebastian it's pretty easy, except for full outgoing and 15kt+ easterly winds. In 35 years it only scared the crap out of me once. Now you want to talk about a nightmare inlet for a vessel with any draft - St. Lucie Inlet with all the shifting sand is nerve racking.

George
    I think it's all what you are used to. I have been keeping my boat in Stuart for the winter since 2007, I've never thought twice about running St Lucie and i draw 5.5 ft. I did have myself scared going in Ponce Inlet in the dark though.

Quote Originally Posted by mike.s View Post
    I think it's all what you are used to. I have been keeping my boat in Stuart for the winter since 2007, I've never thought twice about running St Lucie and i draw 5.5 ft. I did have myself scared going in Ponce Inlet in the dark though.
    Funny you should mention. Two days after St. Lucie I headed in Ponce de Leon Inlet. My initial choice of marina had bad water (5.5' draft) and advised I call Sea Tow for help. They met me in the jetties and led me to a better choice marina. I'm pretty sure the first marina guy violated some FCC rules on that one. Anyhow, I hadn't known Sea Tow offered pilotage at that point. They told me it would have been a $400 job without membership. So I laid down a track and followed it out the next morning en route to St. Marys. Some pretty skinny water at Ponce--well worth the annual membership.

.IMG_5937.jpg
    Aslan in the background.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Wow, that is good to know.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL