Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hynautic needs hydraulic oil

Anyone have a schematic diagram you could post or email me?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Anyone have a schematic diagram you could post or email me?
    Your secretary quit?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

The system needs zero pressure. Its only pressurized to keep air OUT of the system. If there is a small leak, oil will come out, but air will not get in. The pressure is there for safety, not to facilitate any of the workings of the system.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Your secretary quit?
    😃

I spent about an hour looking online. Some of the links wouldn’t open and I ran out of time.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Thanks guys, that was easy once I tried. Strange it was low on fluid but still had 10psi pressure. Now that I pumped it up to 25 psi I’ll probably find I have a leak somewhere. 🙉

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Thanks guys, that was easy once I tried. Strange it was low on fluid but still had 10psi pressure. Now that I pumped it up to 25 psi I’ll probably find I have a leak somewhere. 
    Slow leak may be at the steering cylinder. If its on the end that is covered, it leaks into that cavity and may not drip out of there until it builds up enough to come out of the holes in that casting.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI