Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 53 hatteras

Hybrid View

53 hatteras

I am looking to buy a 53 hatteras. I found 2 of interest. Does anyone know Jimmy's Girl ? She is in Mobile Alabama, has cummins CT6BAs installed (used 400- hrs. running take-outs) in 2012.
    Asking price 110K.

The second boat is in New Orleans...a 53 ED. This boat is all original... 871ti, niaid stabilizers, but I don't believe that the owner spent much on maintaining the systems. Asking price is 130K.

Any suggestions?

m derlick

Re: 53 hatteras

This might be too simple but I would get them both surveyed by someone knowledgeable of Hatteras yachts and then decide based upon which model I prefer.

My guess is neither one will plane. Both seem to be priced in line with each other. I'd look at them before a survey and seatrial.

Remember most sellers will not allow a survey or seatrial until under contract.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    My guess is neither one will plane. Both seem to be priced in line with each other. I'd look at them before a survey and seatrial.

Remember most sellers will not allow a survey or seatrial until under contract.
    This.

Have you laid eyes on either one? You need to root through them yourself. Pictures don't tell you much.

What is a CT6BA? Afaik it s either 6BTA or 6CTA. What power are they claiming?

The naiads are a big plus if they work, although personally I m not a big fan of extended deckhouse. It really reduce the amount of air in the aft deck. Not a big deal up north but way too hot down south
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Engine 1:
    Engine Brand: Cummins
    Engine Model: 6CTBA
    Engine Type: Inboard
    Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel