Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Stainless Split Ring

I am looking for a stainless steel split ring where the diameter of the ring is about one inch. Any ideas where to find one? I have had limited luck looking online. Thanks.

Re: Stainless Split Ring

John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Thank you. I am looking for ones sturdy enough to attach to the grommets on the end of my aft deck shade to accept a pelican hook from my shade poles. The grommets are too far from the corner of the shade to accept the pelican hook themselves.

Just make sure the stainless steel rings doesn’t cut thru the softer grommets as it rubs in a breeze. Something soft like a small line loop maybe better in the long run. Or even a soft shackle

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...04?recordNum=7
    Last edited by Pascal; 02-05-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Just make sure the stainless steel rings doesn’t cut thru the softer grommets as it rubs in a breeze. Something soft like a small line loop maybe better in the long run. Or even a soft shackle

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...04?recordNum=7
    I would second the soft shackle. They are quite easy to make especially if you are not putting ridiculous loads on them. (the knot is the tricky part but for the loads you're talking about, it can be simple.)
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Thanks to all.