Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Replacing the Saloon Carpet

I like the Nautikflor. I put it in my motorhome. Easy to install.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by mjezycki View Post
    @DottiesHusband...Teak veneer plywood? Do you know what brand you went with? Yours looks great!! Are they the 4x8 panels? Also what did you go with on the stairs? Again, looks great!
    The floor is indeed teak and holly plywood. From World Panel ,Mine is 1/2 inch thick. I used teak solid stock around the hatches. Finished with satin floor poly, and also sealed the edges and backside. The treads are bull noised 5/4 cherry stained to look like teak, the risers are birch plywood stained to look like teak. The treads were made in Monterey TN, but Stair-treads.com could make them. I had them made oversized so I could cut the curve to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I like the Nautikflor. I put it in my motorhome. Easy to install.
    How much did the supplies cost for the RV and how long did the install take?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    How much did the supplies cost for the RV and how long did the install take?
    Tearing out the tile was the biggest chore. The install of the flooring took about 8 hours. It was not cheap but the area wasn't too big so not too bad really.

Answer: I can't remember what it cost.
    Sky Cheney

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Tearing out the tile was the biggest chore. The install of the flooring took about 8 hours. It was not cheap but the area wasn't too big so not too bad really.

Answer: I can't remember what it cost.
    I put the Nautik floor in my boat a couple years ago, just in the galley. If I remember correctly it was roughly $10/sf. I think it was about $350 for my galley. They recommend glue if you are using on a boat. They told me just use regular floor adhesive so I got that at the Homo Depot. Very easy install

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I put the Nautik floor in my boat a couple years ago, just in the galley. If I remember correctly it was roughly $10/sf. I think it was about $350 for my galley. They recommend glue if you are using on a boat. They told me just use regular floor adhesive so I got that at the Homo Depot. Very easy install

I glued mine down as well. I tried letting it float but wasn't happy with that so I glued it.
    Sky Cheney

2023 15.60/sqft

PO on Pau Hana replaced with waterproof vinyl flooring planks - The only issue we had was that there was no good way to do trim strips around the edges. It held up well, and my biggest issue was it trapped dirt in between the pieces.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL