Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner

New Owner

We settled today on a 1973 43DC with 6-71n's. Hull survey by Brad Burns. Engine surveys by Eric Rydzewski. Broker John Schwab. All good people. The boat is in Little River, SC until spring when we will transport it up to our dock on Mattox Creek just south of Colonial Beach, VA. That will give time for the pilings to be set to accommodate the boat (and for the weather to warm up). We are 3 years or so from not having to show up for work on Monday and will use the time to prepare the boat and ourselves for extended cruising. This has been a long time coming and I'm very excited about the new boat.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Re: New Owner

Welcome and congratulations on your new Hatteras. Once you get her add the hull number to the signature line. I have a fry with the same model. He and others will be able to help you with questions.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Always good to get another Hatteras on the Potomac to counter all the damn sea-rays and other lake boats lol
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Yes, welcome to the funny farm - where life is beautiful all of the time!

We are located at Tidewater Yacht Marina in downtown Portsmouth, Virginia. We have had our 1981 43' DCFB (6-71 N's) for just over 2 years.

Let me know if you plan to stop anywhere near here on your way home.

757-635-2119.

Great boat...

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Congratulations on the closing of your new boat!! I also have my boat for sale listed with John Schwab in Little River, SC and I was wondering if by chance he offered to show it to you? It's a 44 Triple Cabin located in Coquina Harbor.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Thank you. I had decided that 6-71 naturals were my engine of choice and I went down to specifically see the one we ended up buying at Lightkeepers Marina. John showed me one other 43DC that was a few slips away at Lightkeepers as well, even though it wasn't a prospect.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

I'm glad you found the right one for you! Mine has the 8v71 naturals. Mine was located straight across the harbor from Lightkeepers. John is a great guy, and Eric R. is a great guy to have do your engine surveys. I hired Eric for my engine surveys and he was amazing. If you're down here in the future let me know. I've been working on my 44 for the past 3 years updating things and working towards getting her ready to start going out a bunch this year unless she sells.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

We're heading down tomorrow night. We'll be cleaning up the boat and getting the lay of the land and spending the night on it Saturday.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

Sounds great!!! If you need anything feel free to call or text me. I will probably head up there to check on my boat this afternoon. I would love to see yours sometime. My cell is 330-233-3782.Alex S.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

Don’t miss Mama Jean’s on Hwy 90 for breakfast. We bought our boat in Little River 3 years ago, and I would never miss breakfast there if I was anywhere close...or even not close. Congrats on your new boat.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL