Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Problem with Osculati gangway order

We ordered an Osculati gangway through Amazon a couple of months ago with a delivery date of February 1 to February 27. On January 11 I got an email asking me to contact them if my order was incorrect, the order was not incorrect, so I never replied. Today I got another email telling that since I did not reply they had canceled the order. This was less than 10 days after I had queried them if we were still on track for a delivery in February and gotten a positive response that we were.

Osculati says that the person I was communicating with has been replaced due to a failure to ask clear questions of their customers. They say they can deliver in 15 days if I reorder which I have done a few hours ago. I hope so since we are leaving Key West or February 27.

My take on this mess is that if a company wants to do business in the English speaking world, they need to employ actual English speakers. Broken English with poor grammar and little punctuation is a recipe for disaster when communicating with customers across the planet.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Re: Problem with Osculati gangway order

How was the flied lice?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

BTW, Osculati’s first language is Latvian......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    How was the flied lice?
    It fell through the grill holes on the BBQ. 😂
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

This may be helpful.... Caution: Bad Language.

http://www.youswear.com/index.asp?language=Latvian
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Amazon and their sellers again meet all my expectations.

But you prohably saved money over a local company so don't worry.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Amazon and their sellers again meet all my expectations.
    A pretty broad brush you're painting with there.

I do a LOT of shopping through Amazon (138 orders last year alone) and I save a LOT of time chasing parts pieces around. I have about a 99% satisfaction rate BUT, you have to pay attention.

There's a lot you can learn from reading carefully about what kind of seller you're dealing with. Prime example: If the description looks like it was translated from a foreign language by someone who barely speaks English.... think twice. You can also look at the seller and see if they are a real company. (Google that when in doubt)

If the seller is a sticks and bricks purveyor (like a cummins dealer, or reputable parts house) and the part number is a REAL OEM part..... go ahead and click "buy it now". Not always the lowest price, but with free shipping you do save.

Many reputable retailers use Amazon as it saves them from a lot of IT investment/work.

Buying from them through Amazon is faster and easier and basically the same as calling them and spending 20 minutes putting an order in.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay