Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Re: Fuel Line Source

Change out all of them that are unapproved for marine fuel use, cracked or stiff and inflexible or over 10 - 12 years old. Twenty or thirty year old fuel, oil and coolant hoses have no place on a boat, properly maintained or otherwise.

Re: Fuel Line Source

Just a quick update. Received the hose from Hose Warehouse link I posted above. It appears to be the exact Aeroquip hose I had. Has the USCG A1 stamp as well as Fire Retardant stamped on it. Also for general information it is listed for 1250 PSI.

The stuff is moderately hard to cut and get a square end. I tried oversized nippers for large cable cutting, didn't work well. A pneumatic cutting wheel does well, but the easiest thing was to put a screw clamp/liner clamp on tight, and use that as a guide for the hack saw..clean it up, screw on the big part of the fitting til the hose bottoms out. The insert the small mandrel part, pushing it into the hose until you can make the threads up, then screw it down tight.

I use a miter saw with a cutting blase for metal.

Square and clean every time.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I started with hacksaw but guess my blade teeth were too fine as I didn't make much progress. Broke out the Metabo with a thin cutting wheel and went right on through. A little lube also helps thread the second part in alot easier. On mine the big fitting that goes on the thread is left hand threads. I figured that out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I started with hacksaw but guess my blade teeth were too fine as I didn't make much progress. Broke out the Metabo with a thin cutting wheel and went right on through. A little lube also helps thread the second part in alot easier. On mine the big fitting that goes on the thread is left hand threads. I figured that out the hard way.
    Sorry, should have mentioned that. I replaced all my fuel lines and used blue silicone coolant hoses, little touch up paint, and looks like a new engine! PO had pained over the fuel lines and coolant hoses...should be against the law.