Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fuel Line Source

Noticed a split in the outer sleeve of one of the fuel lines that comes out of the filter to the engine on my 12V71 port engine. Decided to bring home and replace it. The jack asses that used spray paint on the engines at one point sprayed all the lines making the numbers hard to read but the hose is blue in color with a rubber coating. The inner hose was black rubber with a steel reinforcement layer. It has re-usable fittings. I went all over town today trying to find a replacement. Finally had one guy identify it as Stratoflex. Got a piece cut and when they brought it up to the counter it is black with braid instead of blue rubber. Took it anyway. The interior cores appeared to be the same. It was a Parker 201 hose and had DOT Airbrake approved stamped on it. Since they cut it I took anyway as the fittings fit

Got home and looked up Parker 201 and it said it was approved for diesel and up to 300F temperature. I am thinking it is ok to use however would really like to get the same hoses as the rest. Below is a picture of the hoses. Does anyone know of a source for the blue hose or what it is called?

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

PaRe: Fuel Line Source

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Noticed a split in the outer sleeve of one of the fuel lines that comes out of the filter to the engine on my 12V71 port engine. Decided to bring home and replace it. The jack asses that used spray paint on the engines at one point sprayed all the lines making the numbers hard to read but the hose is blue in color with a rubber coating. The inner hose was black rubber with a steel reinforcement layer. It has re-usable fittings. I went all over town today trying to find a replacement. Finally had one guy identify it as Stratoflex. Got a piece cut and when they brought it up to the counter it is black with braid instead of blue rubber. Took it anyway. The interior cores appeared to be the same. It was a Parker 201 hose and had DOT Airbrake approved stamped on it. Since they cut it I took anyway as the fittings fit

Got home and looked up Parker 201 and it said it was approved for diesel and up to 300F temperature. I am thinking it is ok to use however would really like to get the same hoses as the rest. Below is a picture of the hoses. Does anyone know of a source for the blue hose or what it is called?

Attachment 29733

Attachment 29734
    I just replaced mine with Parker 221FR.

Re: Fuel Line Source

Sounds like aeroquip hose. I got mine from Summitt Racing.

If you have it off the motor run to a local hose place like Pirtek and have them copy it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Royal Brass if you have them in your area. They custom make the hose. You handthem the old and they duplicated exactly.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    If you have it off the motor run to a local hose place like Pirtek and have them copy it.
    Local hose places didn't have a clue. Maybe on the coast by the boat I can find something but took to 3 different hydraulic places and none of them had it with steel reinforcing and replaceable ends.

Seven I dont have one of those type stores either

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Sounds like aeroquip hose. I got mine from Summitt Racing.
    Which one did you get. I went to Summit's page and all the Aeroquip I saw was textile braid reinforced not steel.

Isn’t it required that fuel line on a boat must be stamped with the correct a1 rating?
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Any decent hydraulic shop should be able to hook you up. The guys I go to always ask if I want the blue hose or the black hose.... and then laugh at me when I say blue. Ya'll sure do pay a lot for that blue color they say.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

That steel wire hose in the picture is hydraulic hose and not fuel hose.Why would you need 4000PSI hose on a fuel line?Get a new line made up that's diesel approved and your good to go.
    Bob