Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fresh water pump options

That 32 volt flowjet pump is what we use every day including our washer and ice maker and showers. Flow is fine with a big accumulator tank. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

2. Re: Fresh water pump options

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I have never used the headhunter DC pump but their products are top of the line. The AC Mach V while a little tricky to bleed is near silent with great flow and pressure We also have their heads and 220v macerator on thrnboat i run. Bulletproof. Excellent customer service too
    We have 2 24 v. models, 1 for the heads and 1 for fresh water. Great pressure and excellent customer service.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Groco do sell a smaller pump which works very well indeed and is totally rebuildable if need be. The quality is as good as the Paragon, but it is not as large. Contact them in Stevensville, MD, or look on their web site. Everything they sell is made in USA and they have been around for a hundred years or more, and they are local people. I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    I have an AC shallow well pump. Think we used 1/2hp and have more than enough water pressure. I did not go with cast iron due to corrosion concerns. I went with the flotec composite pump.

Was very affordable and has worked great for about 1.5yrs.

There was a 1.5hp pump installed in the boat when we got it. It didn't last long but I could not for the life of me figure out why it would need a 1.5hp pump....? What's the though process behind this? I mean the sizing of a shallow well pump generally has to do with the depth of the well. In the boat the 'well' is only about what 2' deep?

The 1/2hp pump seems to have plenty of flow, have never felt that we needed more flow/pressure.

I do have a 32v dc wire in the compartment, and would LOVE to have a dc failover pump but the cost of 32v water pumps is just a little much.
    Did you just use a reducing bushing from the 3/4 supply line to the 1 1/4 fnpt inlet on the pump? (and a corresponding 1" to 3/4" bushing on the outlet side? pump vendor is saying recommended reduction is only 1/4".
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD