Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Fresh water pump options

I am looking for recommendations on brand fresh watetr pumps in 12v. I have thought about converting my 32v galley maid to 12v but not sure. I was on defenders website and see they sell the groco paragon @ 7 gal min. I have done a google search and really only see the cheaper jabsco or flojet not really what I’m looking for. Any input would be great. Thanks Pete
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Re: Fresh water pump options

This is crazy expensive but a great pump, Headhunter's X-Caliber DC Water Pressure Pump.

http://www.headhunterinc.com/product...ressure-syste/
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

I have never used the headhunter DC pump but their products are top of the line. The AC Mach V while a little tricky to bleed is near silent with great flow and pressure We also have their heads and 220v macerator on thrnboat i run. Bulletproof. Excellent customer service too
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

4. Re: Fresh water pump options

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I have never used the headhunter DC pump but their products are top of the line. The AC Mach V while a little tricky to bleed is near silent with great flow and pressure We also have their heads and 220v macerator on thrnboat i run. Bulletproof. Excellent customer service too
    We have 2 24 v. models, 1 for the heads and 1 for fresh water. Great pressure and excellent customer service.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Groco do sell a smaller pump which works very well indeed and is totally rebuildable if need be. The quality is as good as the Paragon, but it is not as large. Contact them in Stevensville, MD, or look on their web site. Everything they sell is made in USA and they have been around for a hundred years or more, and they are local people. I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    This is crazy expensive but a great pump, Headhunter's X-Caliber DC Water Pressure Pump.

http://www.headhunterinc.com/product...ressure-syste/
    OMG that is crazy high. They must be fabulous.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have a 120v cast-iron well pump. Three-quarter horsepower motor and adjustable pressure for around $100.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    I have a 120v cast-iron well pump. Three-quarter horsepower motor and adjustable pressure for around $100.
    If I were inclined to go the AC route, that is probably what I would do as well. I don't understand the need of putting a $1300 AC pump in one of these. I understand that the DC pump might be expensive, given the voltage and that such pumps are limited to boats, but AC pumps are cheap.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Marco marine water pumps are a really good alternative to the cheap plastic rubbish made for smaller boats. Come in a number of flow rates. Extremely well designed and made.

https://www.fisheriessupply.com/marc...mp-m164-681-12