Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Key West Marina

Key West Marina

Thinking about a May trip to Key West with my family. Any thoughts on marina(s) of choice? I will be on my 74 Hatteras. Thanks.

Re: Key West Marina

A&B. Other marinas on Stock Island are more affordable, but, if you’re going to Key West, be “in” Key West.

Best value is the publicly owned Key West Bight Historical seaport (305) 908 3984. Same location as Galleon or A&B just lower per foot and closer to the pool and benefits of Monty's Raw Bar. (I am not a fan of Galleon's tie up situation. It is back into a floating dock and tie off on posts forward. Swim platform bumps the floating dock alot.)

Key West Harbour and the Stock Island facilities are less pricey but not walking distance to the Key West experiences. Key West Harbour entrance has shoaled in the past so check before entering.

I just booked June and July down there.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with cockpit extension)
    Tampa

We are going to the Galleon in June. Super location, nice docks, and protected. We just go for a few nights before heading to Marathon for the rest of the trip so don't mind the high cost. It can add up but for us it's worth it.

I have stayed at Conch Harbor, Galeon, and A&B. Dog walking is easiest at Conch Harbor but the pool scene is not for everybody. A&B I believe has a new owner that is advertising upgrades. I would probably prefer either galeon or A&B. If you stay at Galeon you will have a beautiful view especially at sunset.

We liked the Galleon for relatively short stays, good resort-like amenities, nice pool, tiki bar with small beach, easy walk to Duval. We tried Stock island and left after only 2 nights, it is a great marina with floating docks but not close to anything and it feels like a working yard, so not exactly the vibe we were hoping for. On that trip we were down for a month so we went back around to “the bight” and stayed in Key West Bight Marina. That is our favorite and where we will go back to next time. Much less $$, and closer to our favorite places, Turtle Kraals, Pepe’s for breakfast, etc. We like being on the far side of the Bight from Duval but all still accessible.

https://www.keywestbightmarina.com/

Have a grear trip!!
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL