Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Re: Cockpit Mezzanine & Tuna Tube Winter Project

Had a copy of those same performance numbers courtesy of Richard Mastery. Scatterbrain was boats name, engines were Scania 900 hp that Yanmar was going to market. Boat ended up in Costa Rica as a charter boat with some very custom tuna tubes installed in the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Buckets should be 650hp. The later slant window boats were lightened up with a cored hull also. I believe they got another 3-4kt cruise but it seems that the higher hp engined were problematic. I have to wonder if the wet liner 92 series can’t handle the extra heat.
    What year were the cored hulls? Lighter seems better but were there any delamination issues?

Just wanted to post an update. Between hurricanes and work it's been tough to get much done on the boat lately. Did a work weekend this past weekend and made some great progress.

We got the drawers and the flat top grill/griddle installed into the mezzanine storage cabinet. Grill is rock solid, uses two heavy duty SS slides on the back and two on the bottom.

These drawers will be getting 1/4" acrylic fronts and each will have it's own latch. The grill drawer face will be stainless with a latch as well.

Last edited by rustybucket; 11-11-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

First meal on the newly installed grill. I've had various marine grills in the past and honestly they all sucked, this flat top griddle gets screaming hot and sears wonderfully. Breakfast/eggs...etc are all easy. When we picked this grill I was concerned I would miss the 'grill' but man, I'm SUPER impressed, I see our inside stove top being used hardly ever now that this grill is online.

Also, converted the last two floor hatches to hinged with strut. Man it's soooooooo much nicer just being able to open a lid and hop down in, rather than pulling a hatch, finding somewhere to stick it out of the way....etc

Installed the cockpit speakers and cockpit overhead lighting. Overhead lighting is 3 color, red/white/blue.

Last edited by rustybucket; 11-11-2020 at 07:21 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Installed 5 cupholders and cut the hole for the final 0deg rod holder to be installed in the rocket launcher. Also, got our last two HD screwless rod holders installed in the gunnels. She is pretty much fish ready at this point. This drill with the 3" hole saw really kicked our asses. No clue where the handle for the drill is, it would've helped tremendously.

Also fabbed up a temporary cover for the fighting chair, apparantly you cannot buy canvas or canvas making materials in pensacola, not sure if this is a national thing or just local b/c of the hurricane....
    Used an old sail a buddy had laying around as material. It probably won't last long, but hopefully long enough to get through the great canvas shortage of 2020 lol.

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Also torture tested a couple of led chips and drivers for the underwater lights. The white is 27k lumens, the green is 8k. Super happy with how bright they are, not quite happy with the color of the green light, so we will be using a chip we tested earlier that is a little better color green. Can't wait to see what this looks like with 8 white and 8 green's (4 across the back, 2 on each side - per color)

This is in bayou water.

Last edited by rustybucket; 11-11-2020 at 07:41 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Looking good. Still can't believe you bit all of this off at the same time, and then got it done.
    How about a photo of the bottom of the tuna tubes, and also how do you plumb those?
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Really nice work.

I also noticed that you have five cupholders and four rodholders. Nice to see a man who has his priorities in order.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Canvas must be the new toilet paper. Here we go again.

Rusty,

Awfully impressive. That slide out griddle is major cool.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC