Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Cockpit Mezzanine & Tuna Tube Winter Project

Just a few pics, started working on non-skid this past weekend. Got all the lids and hatch covers finished up, got the cockpit floor prepped. This coming weekend we will prep the flybridge floor and finish the non-skid there and in the cockpit. Getting real close to splashing her!

View from the bridge while prepping the cockpit floor.

The dash turned out great! It's amazing what getting rid of old inoperable electronics/junk and filling holes..etc can do for a dash! This wasn't even on the project list when we started this whole thing, we just kinda did it as we went along.

For non-skid I am using Awlgrip in hatteras white. I spray the part with the paint, then I use a cheap harbor freight spray gun with a big nozzle to spray the dry griptex particles onto the part. I've been able to achieve dang near perfect coverage with very little effort. By far the best way to apply non-skid that I've ever used. After it kicks I spray a coat of flattened awlgrip over it to seal everything in. We are using the fine griptex particles.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Non skid going on in a few places in the cockpit

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

The non-skid looks great. I like the original non-skid look.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Nighttime is the RIGHT time!! Jesus God almighty it's hotter than blue blazes down here!! I'm going through like 4 or 5 sets of clothes a day, humidity is 90%+ at sunrise...

But progress is being made.

First coat of non skid on the bridge and cockpit floor!

Also got the bottom (underside) of all lids painted with awlgrip
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Non skid went on great, very pleased with the texture and the grippiness of it.

This is the underside/inside of the freezer lid

Tackle center drawers built out of 1/2" coosa and 2 layers of 1.5oz mat
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

One side project that happened recently is the conversion of our normal ladder back fighting chair to a chair backed with a rocket launcher. So the rocket launcher was built by laminating 2 pieces of 3/4" coosa together with a layer of 1.5oz. Then we cut it out, shaped it and laid a couple layers of 1.5oz over it. I'm just now learning how to weld stainless so these brackets are my first major stainless fabrication project. Very pleased with the results.

This is the finished product before buffing/shining. I don't have a pic of the final piece yet. This was built from 1/8" x 1" angle and a little 1/8" flat bar.

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Came across some pearl/glitter paint in my shop, couldn't help myself, mixed it with some blue and gave our school of skipjacks some neon/glittery accents!

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Last night in the boatyard!!! Soooo glad to see this journey coming to an end!!

Couldn't hardly sleep, was returning some things to the painters shed and looked down and saw some yellow, blue, red and green bottom paint.... Thought to myself, dang I bet I could paint a mahi with that....

So.... now the boat has a small pod of mahi off the stbd side.

[/url]

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Launch Day Baby!!! Lets GO!!!!

SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Lots of little jobs to wrap up but DANG it feels good to be back on the water.

After splash we did a quick seatrial to make sure everything mechanically was still good. Hit our rated rpm of 2350 and she purred like a kitten. Then back to the dock to get back to work!

One last fishy pic I forgot to post

We pulled all the old gold rod holders off the bridge rail and welded on stainless rod holders, wow what a visual difference/improvement it made just getting the old gold off the boat.

Hope to wrap everything up and head offshore this weekend and give her a good 4th of july shakedown!!

So, from start to finish the mezz, baitwell and bridge overhang project has lasted 1yr 7months. Man does it feel damn good to check a lot of these items off the punchlist!

Thanks to all that followed along with this thread and contributed. I'll continue to post updates and progress and better final pics along with some good before/during/after pics I have.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL