Ok, so trying to get my final plans together for two pretty major wintertime projects on SOUTHPAWS. I'll be doing both these projects in tandem so only one single huge mess will be made on the boat. Hope to finish both projects off before april-ish.

Be forewarned, these projects may upset the Hatteras purist, lots of chopping/cutting going to be happening, but in the end both projects are to make the boat more functional for us to use.

Project 1
Cockpit Mezzanine.

Project 2
Transom Baitwells & Tuna tubes.

Still VERY much in the planning stages of both these projects. I have some comped ideas I'm going to be posting in this thread. I happily accept all critique and criticism (constructive) at this point in the project. So please voice your thoughts/opinions.

Here is the cockpit basically as it sits today.

Here is my fav layout idea so far. The goal is to have 3 refrigerated storage holds that can be used as refrigerated storage, freezer storage or fishbox. I've labeled what I feel each will primarily be used for.

The mezzanine project's main goal is to de-clutter our cockpit. We currently have to carry a 250qt engel cooler (for fishbox), a 120qt drink cooler (for drinks) and a 25qt cooler (for bait) in the cockpit. With this mezzanine layout all of those coolers disappear instantly.