Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Going to be a great project, not sure but I might be the only one here that's added a full mezzanine from scratch.
We started by ripping out very nice fiberglass cockpit lockers. What made our storage part really work was cutting the deck out allowing extra depth.
I'll pm you my contact info, I'd really like to chat about it. But if it's ok with you I'd like to discuss as much as possible here so others can maybe benefit from it?

I was not planning on cutting the floor up, but you've got me thinking that might be a good thing to do. I'm not sure exactly how much height it will gain me, but if it gains 6" or more it would definitely be worth it.

I see you built yours out of ply (great photos by the way, I just looked at all of them). I will likely be building mine in-place on the boat. Working with wood sure would make things easier.....

Plywood has an R value of approx 1. Nidacore has R value of 3.3. So if insulation is a deciding factor Nidacore wins hands down. Of course nidacore is exponentially more expensive than plywood, but for this project we won't need a ton of material so cost difference should only be a couple hundred dollars....