Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Re: Cockpit Mezzanine & Tuna Tube Winter Project

Quote Originally Posted by cenger View Post
    I think you are 32Volt. Which livewell pump do you use? The Rule 32V are junk, I'd like to get a better one .
    I have a 3/4hp spa pump (with filter basket). I think it's a little overpowered and I'll go with a 1/2hp when it dies on me. I prefer using ac pumps where possible.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Using live Bonita for bait?
    Yes sir, also blackfin tuna, yellowfin tuna, skipjacks, rainbow runners, jacks...etc whatever is available.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

You use them as a pitch bait or traditional live bait presentation?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

You use them as a pitch bait or traditional live bait presentation?
    We pull 2 or 3 of them at 3-4knts. One off each outrigger and one short (or super long) in the center. Baits are bridled with heavy mono or fluorocarbon and a big circle hook.

When artificial trolling we have one ready as a pitch bait as well.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

You have trolling valves to get that slow. Even one engine I’m at 5 kts. We live bait googleyes and greenies when we fish sails south of Stuart but off FtPierce live bait isn’t that productive the fish aren’t that concentrated and trolling covers more territory. We’ve tried 5-10lb boneheads bridled up here and in the Bahamas but it seems they just attract sharks. I guess if your going to all that trouble it must be effective in the gulf.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

You have trolling valves to get that slow. Even one engine I’m at 5 kts. We live bait googleyes and greenies when we fish sails south of Stuart but off FtPierce live bait isn’t that productive the fish aren’t that concentrated and trolling covers more territory. We’ve tried 5-10lb boneheads bridled up here and in the Bahamas but it seems they just attract sharks. I guess if your going to all that trouble it must be effective in the gulf.
    I've got stbd engine idled down to a hair over 450rpm. I am going to take it even further. Into current stbd in fwd gives me about 3.5-4knt.

We live bait troll around oil rigs and weed lines holding bait. When traveling from spot to spot we drag a couple of marlin/wahoo lures, with a couple baits bridled and ready to go. If we spot a fad or weedline we troll by with the artificials, then pull them in and come back through and drop some livies on it.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL