Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Year: Time to Check Safety Equipment

My New Year's resolutions are always easy to keep.

Check the fire extinguishers. Besides inverting and shaking, I give them a couple of good whacks with a rubber mallet. Leftover Stamps.com stuff makes good stick-on tags.
    IMG_9962.jpg

Check and de-mildew life jackets and ring buoy.
    IMG_9963.jpg

Check life raft mountings. Change batteries in SOS signal lights and test EPIB. Verify first aid kits in place and complete (I use a lot of bandaids. Remember: Hats aren't for hemophiliacs.). Inventory liquor cabinet (medicinal use only in case of snakebite). Grease Margarita machine.

Last, time for some comedy. Order a CG Aux. Voluntary Vessel Inspection.
    Last edited by racclarkson@gmail.com; 01-04-2019 at 10:17 AM.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: New Year: Time to Check Safety Equipment

I'm adding survival whistles to all our life jackets this year. Printing them all on my 3d printer, ear splitting loud and I think you could drive a tank over them. lol.

SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

I know meant to offer your introductory special to forum members, right?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I know meant to offer your introductory special to forum members, right?
    I'd be happy to print some up for the forum when I have some printer down time, we have several days worth of mold printing queued up at the moment! Was thinking about including the whistles as a promotional item to customers that make purchases on my website http://BigLiveBait.com but after talking to a few marketing people they seem to think it's a waste and not a great idea like i thought it would be. I have piles of hats, t-shits, koozies...etc from other company's promo giveaways that I never use, thought the whistle would at least be something of value to boat owners and fishermen.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    I'd be happy to print some up for the forum when I have some printer down time, we have several days worth of mold printing queued up at the moment! Was thinking about including the whistles as a promotional item to customers that make purchases on my website http://BigLiveBait.com but after talking to a few marketing people they seem to think it's a waste and not a great idea like i thought it would be. I have piles of hats, t-shits, koozies...etc from other company's promo giveaways that I never use, thought the whistle would at least be something of value to boat owners and fishermen.
    That's just discriminatory. Just because I don't fish and, therefore, not a customer you're not developing promotional items to give to me. (Just trying to get in-sync with the political shift.)
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

That's just discriminatory. Just because I don't fish and, therefore, not a customer you're not developing promotional items to give to me. (Just trying to get in-sync with the political shift.)
    I know, it was wrong of me to assume your boat use gender. lol. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by making you feel left out, that was wrong of me, i should be ashamed. I'll 3d print you a cookie to send with your whistle.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    I know, it was wrong of me to assume your boat use gender. lol. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by making you feel left out, that was wrong of me, i should be ashamed. I'll 3d print you a cookie to send with your whistle.
    Very decent of you. Send enough for my victims advocacy support group.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Very decent of you. Send enough for my victims advocacy support group.
    btw, the cookie will be gluten free and vegan also.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

This reminds me of the Big Bang Theory TV show when they made models of them selves.GREAT episode. However if you were making whistles I’d be more than happy to add one to my safety equipment.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Robert that was a good list. I am headed to the boat Wednesday and will add to your list to mine. I had not thought of some of things on your list.

Rusty, is that 3D printer you have for a business or for personal use. I was aware of them but thought that only a large business could justify the expense. Can yours make larger items? I think we have all gotten desensitized to the marvels of technology but the 3D printer to me is amazing