Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 64" Fridge!!

64" Fridge!!

For lack of better terminology I am going batshit crazy trying to find a true 64" replacement fridge. Lot's of websites with size filters that do NOT work. I'll PAY if I can find a 64" by 30 wide. I will pay much more if I need to get a black stainless (charcoal color). Just can't find it!

The Tappan fridge on the boat is creating at truly impressive white Christmas scene in the freezer. Doors are sagging. Compressor runs non stop. Replacing door seals did not help. Time to move on.

At least When I find one I can swap it with a bunch of moving blankets and some muscle unlike the 48 MY thread.

Any Ideas?

Re: 64" Fridge!!

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Check out Summit Refrigerators. Model #ff1376ss

Stan

Both of those are 28" wide, not 30".

Have you tried www.compactappliance.com ? I ve bought a few things from them over the years they usually have those odd sizes you can find anywhere else.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Try Fisher Paykel brand. I know some folks that found what they wanted in their line of products. You probably need "counter depth" to get it down the stairs.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I am now in the process of fixing the old one up if I can. If I can fix er up it will last longer than a new one due todays crap! Compressor runs, fan runs, and if defrost is the issue I will get that fixed. Like the DD's this thing can only stop if its broken. No sensors or electronics to shut it down to "protect" itself.

Can't look at anymore websites that only have 2 of 3 measurements that fit the space.

Thanks for all suggestions.

If it has auto defrost there is a timer inside that turns on the defrost cycle, those go bad and are easy to replace, if you can find one. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.