Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Inexpensive Aft Deck Redo

The boat came with the original Hatteras furniture in the back...

IMG_4530.jpg

Hard to see in the pic, but the cushions have mold on them. I thought about redoing the cushions and repainting the frames, but the furniture is pretty short. So we took it all off, as well as the ice maker, and the deck cleaned up like new...

IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Re: Inexpensive Aft Deck Redo

And then we put in new carpet and furniture ...

IMG_0404.jpg

I also got an Edgestar ice maker that matches the dimensions of the original. I will post pictures of that as soon as it is in.

http://a.co/d/6kckUdZ

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

What a transformation, I was surprised to see an electrical outlet plug just under the toe rail. Did you put that in or was that in from a prior owner?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The previous owner must have put that in. He had a lamp on the original table that sat in front of the rear gate. I'll use them for lamps on the two end tables. You will also notice that he replaced the weather boards in the corners with solid pieces (no opening for the cleats) and then installed new cleats that go through a hole in the toe rail under the original cleats. You can see the stainless steel plate with the hole for the line under the original cleat. I thought they looked nice when I bought it, though after docking, they are kind of a pain because you have to feed the line through the hole. But I guess you sort of have to do that with the original setup as well, unless you are tall enough to bend over the handrail and push the line in. I don't know how the original cleats work since mine are covered now.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    And then we put in new carpet and furniture ...

Attachment 29331

I also got an Edgestar ice maker that matches the dimensions of the original. I will post pictures of that as soon as it is in.

http://a.co/d/6kckUdZ

Never show a photo of an open flame on your boat on internet. Should you ever make a fire damage claim, this is first thing the insurance company is going to look for to deny your claim. The open flame and that new carpet are so inviting. I am sorry, but I detest carpets even at home I only have hardwood and tiles, especially on the boat with humidity and mildew provided by the environment I cannot justify it irrespective its feel on he guests bare feet.....
    M/V BONAZZA
    1980 Hatteras
    37 Convertible
    Hull# - 405
    Twin DD 6-71NA
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    The previous owner must have put that in. He had a lamp on the original table that sat in front of the rear gate. I'll use them for lamps on the two end tables. You will also notice that he replaced the weather boards in the corners with solid pieces (no opening for the cleats) and then installed new cleats that go through a hole in the toe rail under the original cleats. You can see the stainless steel plate with the hole for the line under the original cleat. I thought they looked nice when I bought it, though after docking, they are kind of a pain because you have to feed the line through the hole. But I guess you sort of have to do that with the original setup as well, unless you are tall enough to bend over the handrail and push the line in. I don't know how the original cleats work since mine are covered now.
    I did notice but thought they just had covers over them. So the line fits through the pipe like holes on the sides?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by brico View Post
    Never show a photo of an open flame on your boat on internet. Should you ever make a fire damage claim, this is first thing the insurance company is going to look for to deny your claim. The open flame and that new carpet are so inviting. I am sorry, but I detest carpets even at home I only have hardwood and tiles, especially on the boat with humidity and mildew provided by the environment I cannot justify it irrespective its feel on he guests bare feet.....
    If I burn my boat down with a fire pit, I think the insurance company will know without having to search the internet. And I am not putting tile on my aft deck.

Btw, the propane is only there when in use, otherwise it is in the deck locker, just like with the grill.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I did notice but thought they just had covers over them. So the line fits through the pipe like holes on the sides?
    Yeah, they are well done. You don't have to fish the line through, it slides right through. I guess it isn't that much different than the originals. You still have to lean over and get the line on the other side. I just have to get the routine down pat. Step 1 - Roll up the Iesinglass before you get to the dock.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

This looks excellent. Thanks for the tour. Love simple fixes and how it looks so livable. Would think a design layout section (tab) for this sight would be popular.
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

Wet bar lives again...

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL