Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zodiac cleaner?

Zodiac cleaner?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an effective cleaner for the tubes on a Zodiac? Also, how about some kind of sealer to keep the dirt and grime at a minimum? Thanks...Bob
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Re: Zodiac cleaner?

Nick, there is an outfit called Sal’s inflatables in Alameda. He has a product that cleans the tubes like new. 303 Is the product most use to seal and protect once clean.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

3. Re: Zodiac cleaner?

I have found that Amazon's works well if you you put a little muscle into whiping it off. And yes, you can get it on amazon.com

SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

I use Fast Orange hand cleaner along with a green brillo pad. Makes it look like new everytime.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fast-Oran...SABEgKoTfD_BwE
    Last edited by RonNP; 09-03-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Mr. Clean magic eraser.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Auroa makes an inflatable boat cleaner and protectant that I had great luck with but the fast orange with a pad sounds the most cost effective.

Walt Hoover

Just tried the naranja rapido and that’s a really good solution (also chemically). Thanks, Ron.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Nick, there is an outfit called Sal’s inflatables in Alameda. He has a product that cleans the tubes like new. 303 Is the product most use to seal and protect once clean.
    Try 303 applied with Mr Clean Magic Pads. Works crazy good, plus excellent on shore power cables. I have no idea what is in it, but discovered how good it was by accident. Now use it for most everything.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

A dealer told me to use bleach but it will wipe out the thread on the seat cushions etc..
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Just tried the naranja rapido and that’s a really good solution (also chemically). Thanks, Ron.
    Glad you liked it! If I can help the King of Clean Hatteri make his immaculate boat a little bit cleaner I'm honored.

The suggestions about Mr. Clean scrubbing pads is spot on. I've tried it with my dinghy but didn't get the results I wanted. It is AMAZING on power cords. It also works great on those black marks you get on the fiberglass. For years I used a rag and some acetone. Now get a Mr. Clean scrubbing pad or the generic ( i get the generic ones at Home Depot) and wha la. The black marks are gone. It even takes junk off of the boat I never thought I could get off without taking it down to the base paint. Two BIG THUMBS up!
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee