Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Perko cork gaskets don't fit on water strainer lid model 858e

Scott I have those and agree they work great, but your diver must be smart enough to keep them clean. Just saw a video of the start of the Hobart race, were you one of those thousands of spectator boats? John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Sydney Harbour is a zoo on Boxing Day for the start of the Sydney Hobart race. Same for new Years Eve. Great fun but after 20 years, I'd prefer to be on someone else's boat and let them do the driving.

The yacht I regularly sail on during the week is becalmed about 20 miles from the race finish line near Hobart as I type.

So on the 27th we steamed north about 20 miles to Pittwater for three weeks. We have the 22 Proline alongside for thrills and spills. Best of all, everything is working.

Boat's Christmas present was this new teak and holly marine carpet for the poop deck.

carpet.jpg

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get the Admiral to start calling the afterdeck the Poop Deck? It took months for her to stop referring to it as “the back porch”......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by scottinsydney View Post
    Boat's Christmas present was this new teak and holly marine carpet for the poop deck.

Attachment 29430
    Very pretty....what product or company is it?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

An Australian manufacturer called Marine Tuft, located in Queensland. After a week or so use, we are really pleased with the quality and result. Normally I would have hosed the deck. Now I vacuum.

Entire poop deck carpet was US$350 delivered.We will look at other variations of this carpet to see if there is something suitable for the salon. They have an indoor range. They will cut to a template. Seamless joins.

Issue for us is young kids and food as we regularly have families aboard or host our family parties for 30 people.

The existing carpet was beautiful when new but now badly soiled. Wondering if the new Marine Tuft carpet could be Scotchguarded. My kids (and friends) will destroy anything thats nice.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 12-31-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Scott

Saw the carpet and had a few questions. What is the backing like? If i put this on my bridge deck it would get wet on occasion. could water be wet vac'd thru the carpet?

Thank you
    Art

By the way reached out to the company and they were very quick to respond
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Art,

Kirsty at Marine Tuft was fabulous. The quality of their work, matching the lines at port and starboard sides and the more expensive edge trimming is to be commended.

This would be a great range of product to import to the USA especially as the AUD$ is so low against the US$ at the moment.

The backside appears to be semi permeable mesh. The widest roll is 4 metres and the poop deck is 4.2 metres wide so they had to do a join which is invisible. This is done by melting a special compound to the join. I see no reason a wet vac could not be used if carpet was wet. We had our first rain shower last night and it seems a little slow to dry out in the warm air and sunshine.

MarineTuft.jpg
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 12-31-2018 at 09:49 PM.