Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Replacing Aircon raw water hoses 1984 61MY

The two 1" hoses that run from the March pumps to the aircon water distribution manifolds in the genset room have perished and need to be replaced ASAP.

The general direction of the hoses is outward from pumps that are located in front of the port engine. They must somehow then turn right and pass under the floor of the cupboard of the twin room. They exit low down to the outward side of the fire extinguisher in the genset room.

Has anyone replaced these hoses before? Tips?

Re: Replacing Aircon raw water hoses 1984 61MY

Scott, our boats are quite similar. On mine, the Orbedorfer M109 pumps are accessed via hatch in the floor of the port ER, short hose(s) go to the thru hull and strainers in the aft guest stateroom, accessed via floor hatch. There is a second floor hatch, to access the bilge pump in the same stateroom, also giving access to the pump hoses further forward. When I changed my hose(s), I used a doubled ended hose barb, connected new hose to old at the distribution manifold in the genny room, dug out the old sealant where the hose passed through the floor, then used the old hose to pull the new hose back to the pump. The 2 hatches in the stateroom floor have access to the cushion clamps that retained the hose.
    Last edited by dottieshusband; 12-15-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Re: Replacing Aircon raw water hoses 1984 61MY

Hi Paul

I went looking with a torch yesterday. The hose leaves the pumps going outbound but under a lip in the floor turns towards the bow. The hoses run on the outboard side of the bilge.

The old hose will need to remain in place as I can not get access to the holding clamps to undo them. I will use cable ties to attach the new hoses to the old hoses. I’ve now purchased all the hose required so will do this job after the school holidays in late January.

I have also had ball valves plumbed into the water distribution manifolds to allow for easy aircon coil flushing.

Although hose replacement is a straightforward job I do wish I was 20 years younger.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 12-18-2018 at 10:57 PM.