Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Head exhaust fan

Has anyone replaced the head exhaust fan on a 1985 45c? I haven't dug into the project yet and had a few questions, where is the fan located? Is it easily to get to? And I'm going on the assumption Sams carries the replacement fan. Any feed back or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Re: Head exhaust fan

I did replace one of my three exhaust fans in the heads. I bought three from Sam's and still have two
    brand new in the boxes. Since I am no longer a boat owner (I'm going on 82 and tired), I'm selling off
    all my spare parts etc. If you're interested, I'll make you a good deal.... either email me at waltpereira@aol.com
    or call me at 732-991-5665.

As far as access, mine were fairly easy to access through the medicine cabinets or in my boat at least
    (1982 48MY) it required to remove a panel from the master shower...very easy...

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I did replace one of my three exhaust fans in the heads. I bought three from Sam's and still have two
    brand new in the boxes. Since I am no longer a boat owner (I'm going on 82 and tired), I'm selling off
    all my spare parts etc. If you're interested, I'll make you a good deal.... either email me at waltpereira@aol.com
    or call me at 732-991-5665.

As far as access, mine were fairly easy to access through the medicine cabinets or in my boat at least
    (1982 48MY) it required to remove a panel from the master shower...very easy...

Walt
    Walt, are those 32 V blower fans? If so how much are you asking. I have one extra but you never know.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have the same problem on my '79 43C. I believe that mine is a 110v fan, as the switch is on the
    same outlet box as the 110v overhead light.

If yours are 110, and if the original poster doesn't want both, I'd be interested in the other one, Walt.
    Thanks.
    Bob
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I'll check them out in the morning and post the voltage. I do know for sure that they are not 32v
    however. They may be 110 but I thought they were 12v. In any case, I'll post tomorrow...

Walt

OK, I decided to go down to my shop downstairs and they are in fact 110 v. Jabsco model # 34744-0000
    100 cfm. I bought them from Sam's on July 27, 2015 and I paid $220.00 ea + shipping, total invoice
    for two was 460.00. I'll take $160.00 ea or the pair for 300. Plus shipping of course.

Walt

Bought new 115v jabsco fans on eBay for about $150.00 ea. Exact replacement for originals head fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mather View Post
    Bought new 115v jabsco fans on eBay for about $150.00 ea. Exact replacement for originals head fans.
    Yep

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jabsco-3-Fl...7cHV:rk:2:pf:0
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Well I guess Sam's charges more for his stuff than ebay but what the hell, I just want to get rid of the
    rest of my stuff so make me an offer guys.....

Walt