Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stainless Steel chafing strips wanted

Does anyone parting out an old boat have any of those thin SS strips that prevent your lines from wearing the paint near the fair leads? If so, PM me, thanks
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Re: Stainless Steel chafing strips wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Does anyone parting out an old boat have any of those thin SS strips that prevent your lines from wearing the paint near the fair leads? If so, PM me, thanks
    If no one replies you can find them at West Marine. I have 4 but the shipping would be to costly.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

How long are they? USPS flat rate boxes are pretty cheap if your item will fit......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

4 are 18” two are 16”. They are hollow back stainless Steel
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If they will fit into a mailing tube I’ll buy them from you, UPS can’t be that much to Key West. They are enough to get almost the whole boat and would be a great start.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

If they will fit into a mailing tube I’ll buy them from you, UPS can’t be that much to Key West. They are enough to get almost the whole boat and would be a great start.
    I’ll PM you.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found these on line. You’d be better off going after these if they are 316 Stainless.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Fisheries supply says they are “stamped 304 stainless steel”. Wholesale Marine has the best price, but Fisheries has them in 24”. At $10 for 18” and $15 for 24” I ought to start out with shiny ones! I’ll go out and measure and figure out how many of what size I need and have them sent on ahead. Any suggestions where to get #8 square drive SS screws wholesale?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

Fisheries supply says they are “stamped 304 stainless steel”. Wholesale Marine has the best price, but Fisheries has them in 24”. At $10 for 18” and $15 for 24” I ought to start out with shiny ones! I’ll go out and measure and figure out how many of what size I need and have them sent on ahead. Any suggestions where to get #8 square drive SS screws wholesale?
    West Marine. Depending on if they carry them in the store if not you can order them from them. Polish the heads to match the polish of the metal.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Sam's also has a very large selection of "Hatteras screws" with square drive and they have them in
    316 grade SS which is far superior to what is sold by West or most other sources. His prices are very
    reasonable as well.

Walt