Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

We Lost A HOF Member Yesterday

Just got the news that Norm Mayer (same username) passed away yesterday after a long fight with cancer. I had the privilege of meeting Norm and his wife, Sue, many years ago. Up until recently, they were living aboard their 44TC, Run Around Sue, just outside Fort Myers and were dock mates of Robby and Brenda. This boat will soon be up for sale, so watch for it. It is in extremely nice shape.

I met Norm almost 12 years ago after he took his dingy over to pick me up from Fort Myers Yacht Basin after a delivery was done. He and Sue took me to dinner, made me drink alcohol and request the band play, "Free Bird" (that could have possibly been my idea), then insisted I stay the night aboard. Our paths would cross again, but as is generally the case, I had no idea our last time would end up being... our last time.

Rest in peace, Norm. You were a great guy who will be sorely missed.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: We Lost A HOF Member Yesterday

Just north of Ft.Myers? As in " Paradise Marina" in N.Ft.Myers?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Just got the news that Norm Mayer (same username) passed away yesterday after a long fight with cancer. I had the privilege of meeting Norm and his wife, Sue, many years ago. Up until recently, they were living aboard their 44TC, Run Around Sue, just outside Fort Myers and were dock mates of Robby and Brenda. This boat will soon be up for sale, so watch for it. It is in extremely nice shape.

I met Norm almost 12 years ago after he took his dingy over to pick me up from Fort Myers Yacht Basin after a delivery was done. He and Sue took me to dinner, made me drink alcohol and request the band play, "Free Bird" (that could have possibly been my idea), then insisted I stay the night aboard. Our paths would cross again, but as is generally the case, I had no idea our last time would end up being... our last time.

It's always a sad loss for us when we lose a friend and that includes HOF'ers. Randy that was a very
    nice post .... our condolences to the family.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Just north of Ft.Myers? As in " Paradise Marina" in N.Ft.Myers?
    That would be the one.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post

Randy, a fine eulogy. Thanks for sharing
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956