Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Turbo Leak 12V71

Brian, thanks for the post. There is a metal gasket between the flanges. Let me know if you need me to find the part number.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Shouldn't the clamp be the type with a spring so as to allow expansion when it heats up?

Quote Originally Posted by bigreelsc View Post
    Shouldn't the clamp be the type with a spring so as to allow expansion when it heats up?
    Constant torque
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Brian, thanks for the post. There is a metal gasket between the flanges. Let me know if you need me to find the part number.
    8929529. This side up.
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thanks Robert will get one ordered. Gonna go ahead and pull turbo. Do you know if there is a gasket on the bottom oil line and the number if so? Looks like top oil line (supply?) is inverted flare on mine Bottom May have a flare as well but looked bolted on to me

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Thanks Robert will get one ordered. Gonna go ahead and pull turbo. Do you know if there is a gasket on the bottom oil line and the number if so? Looks like top oil line (supply?) is inverted flare on mine Bottom May have a flare as well but looked bolted on to me
    No gaskets required unless you remove the flanges.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Thanks

After reading the posts about the Sikolene and CAT selling a 3M product that was cheaper I decided to reach out to a friend of mine that works parts at our local CAT dealer. He said 3M no longer makes CAT products and Loctite makes them now. He called his marine division to verify (as they mostly do construction equipment) and the current product they use for this application is Loctite MR2000. He said locally the mechanics use it on exhaust quite often and confirmed the marine mechanics do as well. Since the cost to me was $0 I am going to give it a try. Still waiting on my gaskets from Reliable industries which doesn't seem too reliable at this point. Hopefully they will come through and ship in time for me to get by next Friday.

IMG_2462.jpg

Got everything loose and had to cut the bolt on the center band clamp as someone had stripped it out. Where it was located I couldn't even get a pair of pliers on it to turn. So I had ass-u-med that it was the same size clamp as the one on the exhaust flange which I had spares. But no it is a bit larger. So I find I have 3 different size clamps on one turbo. The RG Ray number on this clamp is 00637-560 N which crosses to nothing on an internet search. There is also a 1B4 A-109 stamped on it which also leads to nothing. Does anyone know the replacement clamp part numbers? The turbo model number is CV8101. I went by Reliable Industries in NOLA yesterday after the large one for the intake they sent was too big. They are trying to find the replacement for this clamp but said the existing looks fine. They are closed for the weekend and I guess I am on hold but would like to go ahead and get something ordered if I can find the correct parts. Also had trouble finding Grade 8 manifold bolts in fine thread. Anyone know if regular thread grade 8 will be ok for this application?

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Got everything loose and had to cut the bolt on the center band clamp as someone had stripped it out. Where it was located I couldn't even get a pair of pliers on it to turn. So I had ass-u-med that it was the same size clamp as the one on the exhaust flange which I had spares. But no it is a bit larger. So I find I have 3 different size clamps on one turbo. The RG Ray number on this clamp is 00637-560 N which crosses to nothing on an internet search. There is also a 1B4 A-109 stamped on it which also leads to nothing. Does anyone know the replacement clamp part numbers? The turbo model number is CV8101. I went by Reliable Industries in NOLA yesterday after the large one for the intake they sent was too big. They are trying to find the replacement for this clamp but said the existing looks fine. They are closed for the weekend and I guess I am on hold but would like to go ahead and get something ordered if I can find the correct parts. Also had trouble finding Grade 8 manifold bolts in fine thread. Anyone know if regular thread grade 8 will be ok for this application?
    Brian, I wouldn’t have a problem using coarse thread bolts there. Re-torque after getting to temp. If it leaks, it leaks. Not a lot of trouble replacing those bolts. Caught early the metal gasket will survive. Do your best to have two good mating surfaces and use some sealant.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC