Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Gallymaid head winterize

Winterizing the boat tomorrow got everything down just wondering if there is a better way to winterize The galley maid heads any input would be greatly appreciated thank you

2. Re: Gallymaid head winterize

Adding on to thread. If the seacocks for the galleymaid heads are open when hauled will gravity do the job of draining the strainers? Should I still flush the pink stuff through the bowl?

Re: Gallymaid head winterize

Quote Originally Posted by cenger View Post
    Adding on to thread. If the seacocks for the galleymaid heads are open when hauled will gravity do the job of draining the strainers? Should I still flush the pink stuff through the bowl?
    Understanding I’m from S.C., that’s two separate issues. You can’t count on an effective draining unless your hoses have no low spots and/or you fail to break the vacuum. May have to introduce some air pressure. The bowl flushing part is the upstream side and unaffected by draining the supply side. So, you would flush antifreeze after closing and draining the supply side.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC