Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

washer dryer combo change out

Eight months into a 1980 61 ft MY. Removed all doors, trim and panels and walked the connected units out about 10 inches. Removed the dryer vent, but will need to get behind the unit to unbolt the two units from each other. I have heard talk about the "tunnel", but have yet to find mine. Any suggestions and prior knowledge would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks, PJ 61

Re: washer dryer combo change out

Look behind the starboard wall in the galley for the tunnel. Mine was behind my dinette cushions.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

I used a sawzal to cut up and remove my old "thin twin". I replaced with Bosch Axxis units, with a pull out folding table between the units. I modified the original cover panel by continuing the door cut down enough to access the new front loading washer and dryer. Barker Door made a beautiful raised panel Sapele Door to enclose the units. On my 63, the tunnel hatch is on the wall, directly under the lower dinette table. You shiney down the Starbord wall, behind the steps, and there you can easily reach over and connect the hoses and plug the units in. It's a 2 beer job.

On the 53’ ers I can pull off the forward back cushion which reveals a open hatch. Not sure if that helps.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found my tunnel today, 8 months as owner and still learning. Spent the afternoon with a sawzall cutting up the washer/ dryer into small pieces and cleaned out the hole. Hoping the new unit will fit between the pilot house door frame once the door and seals are removed. The measurements are very close. Thank you for all your responses and sharing of knowledge. Paul

Send photos when done.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California