Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

32V Jabsco Macerator Pump

I have an old Jabsco 32v macerator pump on top of my waste tank. I turn a key at the helm and it is supposed to pump out the waste to sea when I'm at least 3 miles offshore. The pump motor works but I'm fairly sure the impeller is shot. At this point I'm not even sure I could get a repair kit.

I'm looking for a replacement and have heard of Oberdorfer but don't have any experience with these pumps. Does anybody have a spare 32V macerator pump to sell or any suggestions? I've seen where some owners have bought a 12 volt pump and used a converter to go from 32v to 12v. I'm just looking for the easiest plug and play solution.

Thanks!
    Ron
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: 32V Jabsco Macerator Pump

No problem getting the repair kit for that pump.
    It is the same as the 12 and 24 volt version pumps they just do not offer the 32 volt model any longer.
    As long as the motor is good you just need the following:

It most likely requires Jabsco service kit part number 18598-1000
    You can get it from eBay or your favorite marine outlet.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Thanks!!
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Took the pump apart and it is non serviceable after 31 years. Too much corrosion so I'm going to have to buy a 12 volt Jabsco pump.

Will this converter work with my 32 volt system? Jabsco states that the pump will draw 16 amps at 12 volts. I'm a dummy when it comes to electricity but from what I can tell I think this will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-CART-D...-/332636767119
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

i doubt that pump is original as the jabsco macerators are probably the worst... they can not be run dry so yu have to really watch tank level which is not always accurate.

A mich better choice is a bellow pump like sealand. They can run dry and are much tougher. Probsbly dont come in 32 V on more but some here have used the 24v version on 32v

Headhunter makes some great black water pump and macerators but $$$
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

x2 on the sealand pump. Here is the 24v version. It's a $300 risk to run the 24v pump on a 32v system (higher than that when boat is running) but most likely it will be ok. Great pumps. Quiet. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-Seala...s=sealand+pump