Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Looking for Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by northshoreone View Post
    Beware...Pantaenias is the worst of the worst!!! If you ever have a claim it will take years and lawyers to ever see a red cent!!
    Chartmaker, and 1978 53MY, has been with BoatUS (now Geico) since we purchased her 5 years ago.

Cox Yacht Insurance in Newport Beach, CA. They have insured my last three boats and offer personal service you will not beat. I promise that. I believe they have placed me with Chubb this year but 2 years ago it was a different company. They always have my best interest in mind and do all the legwork for me when a copy of a policy needs to be sent to a marina, lien holder, etc.

Also, currently paying a VERY reasonable premium on a 1983 vessel.

Thank you all so much, I will start making some more calls. I am in process of moving to The Houston Texas area, and I will keep the boat in Kemah TX.

Don't be shy, chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Talk to the MTOA, they have an insurance plan for members that is reasonable.
    Who is MTOA?

Totally unrelated to this thread (sorry), but I can't resist; RiverRandy just seems like a good name for someone who has had several personalities on this site. Is this good ole Sparky reincarnated?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Motor trawler owners of america. They have a program through Jack Martin in Annapolis. Try renee there. That's who I use.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Totally unrelated to this thread (sorry), but I can't resist; RiverRandy just seems like a good name for someone who has had several personalities on this site. Is this good ole Sparky reincarnated?
    No, sorry. I have been deep into boats of all types since the very early 70's. Started with a rowboat. 3 years ago I moved to south Florida and became a very happy live-aboard, but been searching for a bigger boat. I have found the one (1975 Hatteras 64 MY), and my offer has been accepted. Now I have to jump through the hoops to get everything in place.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    Motor trawler owners of america. They have a program through Jack Martin in Annapolis. Try renee there. That's who I use.
    Thanks I'll see what they will do. I cant believe the price swing from company to company for the same product! So far from $4000 to $12,000!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    Thanks I'll see what they will do. I cant believe the price swing from company to company for the same product! So far from $4000 to $12,000!!!
    Why can’t you believe it? 90 day supply of BP meds $240 at CVS costs $17 at Costco. 1,400% for identical brand and quantities.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Every pharmacy has its deals. My doctor get the list from the pharmacist and combined my meds to meet their deals. 90 day supply of 2 pills was $11.00] cash or $14.00 on my insurance.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.