Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Sticky Injector 8v92 TA DDEC

At the end of our last trip back from the Bahamas the transom had some soot coverage. Also have a flag on the oil analysis of a possible injector issue. The airseps are new (good air flow), a quick check of the turbos and they all spinning freely. I was going to have my Diesel Mechanic out to check the electronic injectors and valve clearances. Is there anything’s else I should have him check while things are open?
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Re: Sticky Injector 8v92 TA DDEC

Fuel filters and returns.

If your getting a good ddec mechanic he should know what to look for.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

3. Re: Sticky Injector 8v92 TA DDEC

I have mine flow tested and cleaned at RPM Diesel in Fort Lauderdale every two years. Not too many shops can do the DDEC units.

Re: Sticky Injector 8v92 TA DDEC

I’m not sure of the age of the injectors but I do know they are at least 10yrs old. Would it be better to have them all replaced or tested and replaced defective & questionable injectors? What is the typical cost of a new injector (DDEC) w/core exchange?
    Best regards,
    --
    David

5. Re: Sticky Injector 8v92 TA DDEC

Call RPM and get a quote. I won't be back to the boat for a week or so to look up the last invoice.